Women's linen clothes
The history of making linen clothes began more than 9 thousand years ago. Linen fabric was loved in Ancient Persia, Sumer, Egypt, Gaul. Clothing made of such a fabric was a privilege of the nobility, it was worn by Egyptian pharaohs, priests, Roman patricians. There is even an assumption that Jason, who led his Argonauts in search of the "Golden Fleece", was looking for nothing more than the secret of making the finest linen linen that was considered precious.
In Russia, the beginning of flax cultivation dates back to the 9th century. Our ancestors were very fond of this fabric, linen clothes were worn on holidays, it was considered elegant, rich and even healing. People believed that such clothes could protect against troubles and diseases.
Linen fabrics have a number of the following characteristics:
- high thermal conductivity and breathability, thanks to which linen clothes pleasantly cools the body even in hot weather;
- Compared to cotton, linen has a higher density and strength, and the fabric from it is not very extensible. It absorbs moisture better and dries faster, and also does not deteriorate and does not fade from washing, respectively, it is more worn;
- linen cloth is an environmentally friendly product, it has bacteriological properties. It is known that under linen dressings, wounds heal faster, and linen clothes can even heal some skin diseases;
- depending on the manufacturing method, from the flax it is possible to obtain both the finest delicate fabric (cambric) and coarse tarpaulin and even ropes.
Advantages and disadvantages
Like any other fabric, linen has a number of advantages and disadvantages that must be considered when choosing an outfit from this material. Below are some of them.
- due to the fact that linen is a natural fabric, it is widely used in sewing clothes for women, men and children. Linen fiber bedding is in great demand, as well as curtains, tablecloths, towels, etc .;
- linen clothes are not electrified;
- the linen cloth absorbs moisture well and dries quickly, so it does not deteriorate even from daily washes;
- it is proved that wearing clothes made of flax prevents the growth of bacteria and fungus on the skin; Also, this clothing absorbs harmful radiation (radiation, UV rays, electromagnetic waves) and is absolutely hypoallergenic;
- linen fabric is very durable and does not stretch, which at times increases its wear resistance.
- with improper washing, linen cloth can cause severe shrinkage, so the water temperature should not exceed 40 degrees;
- clothes made of linen are very wrinkled;
- when choosing a clothing model, it is necessary to remember that this fabric is not subject to stretching, therefore it is better to choose loose fit items for a more comfortable wear.
The main styles of modern women's clothing made of linen:
- dress shirt. A universal style that suits ladies of all ages and complexions. Most often, to complete the look, a belt is added to such a dress.
- dress with a smell. In combination with flat sandals or “gladiators” sandals, this outfit is suitable for both the office and informal get-togethers with friends;
- oversize dress. Very stylish and modern solution. A dress of such a cut will suit girls of absolutely any proportions - it will hide the excess from the chubby ones and add volume to the slender ones.
- sundress. Perhaps the most common style of linen dresses. With its help, you can create both an image in the style of "hippies" and cutting-edge "look".
- sheath dress. This style is especially loved by a business woman, because it adds a touch of classics and austerity to the image. A very good combination with pumps and a bag in tone.
Linen is a beautiful fabric, very much loved by fashion designers. Increasingly, on the catwalk you can see models of women's linen dresses that are diverse in color and style. Decorated with original embroidery, designer accessories, sequins, rhinestones, beads, lace, these dresses are of great interest to modern fashionistas.
Here are the most common models of women's linen dresses:
- dresses of a free cut in ethnic style. Decorations for this model are most often decorative stitching, embroidery, appliqués. The length can vary from mini (above the knee) to maxi (to the floor);
- Exclusive and avant-garde dresses in boho style. The features of this model are a mixture of colors and textures, many decorative elements and the obligatory addition of the image to bright accessories (beads, large earrings or bracelets, feathers, unusual shoes and bags, etc.);
- Cute and romantic cocktail dresses with lace trim. As a rule, such dresses have a simple cut, the length is up to the knee or slightly higher;
- strict classic semi-fitted model with a straight skirt to the knee. Ideal for office and business meetings;
- flirty fitted model with a bell-shaped skirt or frill collar. For a walk, a date, a movie, a cafe - you can go anywhere in such a nice and comfortable outfit.
The classic color for linen clothes is beige and white. However, designers did not limit themselves to classics and world catwalks were full of linen dresses of all shades of the rainbow! Monophonic outfits, as well as combining several colors or several shades of the same color, came into fashion.
Embroidery draws attention to a linen dress with a touch of a certain ethnicity, it looks very beautiful and expensive. In addition to embroidery with threads, linen is embroidered with beads, beads of various sizes, sequins, pieces of fabric, leather. Most often, such things are handmade and made in a single copy.
Also, linen women's dresses are often decorated with lace. Decorated in this way, things acquire elegance, a touch of luxury and bohemian chic. They do not need to be supplemented with any catchy accessories, since lace draws all the attention to itself.
In the decoration of linen dresses, such types of lace are used as knitted (hand-knitted lace, used to create exclusive dresses), linen (woven from linen fibers, most often dresses decorated in ethnic style with such lace), sewing (volume lace on a cotton basis) and synthetic (less commonly used because it doesn’t mix well with flax on the texture).
Accessories for linen dresses should be selected preferably from natural materials (leather, stone, wood).
Flax is an incredibly wear-resistant material and things from it, with proper care, can last up to 20 years! And what is the right care? Let's try to figure it out.
Washing, drying and ironing:
- for linen clothes, hand washing is preferable, however, it can also be washed in the washing machine by choosing the delicate mode;
- use the powder for children's things, as it helps soften the fabric and does not contain aggressive cleaning components;
- the temperature of the water during washing should not exceed 30-40 degrees in order to avoid shrinkage and color loss;
- linen clothes can not be twisted - you should gently squeeze it with your hands, straighten and hang to dry in the open air (avoiding sunlight);
- It is strictly forbidden to soak linen items - flax absorbs water well, the fibers swell and the fabric loses its shape;
- do not dry the linen items, it is advisable not to dry them even a bit and iron them slightly damp;
- recommended iron temperature for ironing - 180-200 degrees;
- if there is knitted lace, embroidery or appliqué on the product, ironing must be done from the wrong side of the product.
- linen should be stored folded, protecting from sunlight;
- if you want to remove a thing for a long time, wrap it in wrapping paper;
- flax pants should be hung on special shoulders with clothespins that will help them maintain their shape and straighten under the influence of their own weight.