Gel Polish Remover
Gel polishing requires timely removal in order to maintain the health of the nail plate and not overload it with a heavy and significantly overgrown layer. Today, there are two ways to remove the gel coating: the first consists in soaking it with a special liquid or acetone, the second - in hardware cutting. In the latter, a mill is used to remove gel polish, which is a nozzle on the device, which literally cuts off the coating from the nail plate. In this article, we will understand the intricacies of the process of removing gel polish using a cutter.
What it is
Modern masters often offer their customers a hardware manicure instead of the old-fashioned method of soaking nails in warm water. Removing the cuticle and forming a uniform surface of the nail thanks to the typewriter allows you to speed up and simplify the process of preparing the nail for applying gel polish. In addition, the high-speed rotation of special nozzles allows you to do this as comfortably as possible - cuts, bleeding and wounds are excluded.
The same apparatus is used to remove the gel coating, only the mill is replaced from one to another. The cutter is a small metal or ceramic nozzle with which the cuticle is removed, the surface of the nail plate is formed, cracks, chips, irregularities are removed. Milling cutters also serve for cutting gel polish. To remove a resistant coating, they have notches or small recesses on the surface in order to cut off the coating irrevocably and carefully.
Which is better
Modern masters recommend removing gel polish using the apparatus - this method is safe and non-traumatic even in comparison with classical cutting, and especially with the soaking of the nail plate in the acetone solution. If we talk about the minuses of sawing off the coating with a file, then there is a high probability of damage to the nail and the skin around it, which leads to unpleasant abrasions and unwillingness to use the gel coating again.
Gel soaking is even greater evil, which leads to an overdrying of the cuticle and nail plate, increasing the fragility of the latter and an unpleasant burning sensation during the procedure. In addition, while soaking the nail, you have to work with a metal spatula, which also injures the natural surface of the nail and negatively affects its quality.
Masters recommend using modern technology to remove the coating of the machine and cutters, which will significantly save time and health of the nails.
The nozzle looks like corn, which is put on the tool and firmly fixed on it. Milling cutters differ not only in "pattern", but also in the type of material used in the base.
- Carbide or metal cutter made of heavy metal alloys and has notches in the form of straight, oblique lines or crosses. The principle of its work consists in rotational movements clockwise or counterclockwise and sawing off gel polish in such a way that the latter turns into thin chips. Milling cutters made of metals differ in thread and size of holes - to remove the gel coating, large recesses will be needed so that the viscous gel does not clog them and spoil the nozzle.
Carbide cutter is used to correct the shape of the nail and its thicknessif there is a place to build or strengthen the nail plate. The same nozzles are used to remove old coatings. The mill usually rotates at a speed of 30 to 40 thousand revolutions per minute, which is absolutely safe for natural nails. Often customers are afraid of this method of removing the gel coating: the nozzle, in their opinion, significantly spoils the natural nail plate and almost cuts it off. This opinion is erroneous, since an experienced master removes the top and gel with a cutter to the base, the tool never touches the surface of the nail itself.
- Ceramic milling cutter - a novelty in the world of professional nail masters. A feature of such a nozzle is that it cuts the coating into dust, not chip, works more gently on the surface and does not cause unpleasant vibrations.
Ceramic cutter has a softer texture and high strength. One such new milling cutter accounts for up to 4 similar carbide tips. The ceramic nozzle does not heat up and allows you to remove the gel coating faster due to the high speed. By the way, with proper handling of the metal analogue, heating practically does not occur - it is important to observe the sawing technology (work with stroking movements and do not press the machine too hard).
Mills differ in shape: ceramic nozzles are usually in the form of corn, metal - in the form of a cylinder or cone. There are other variations of nozzles, but the most convenient masters consider the ones listed above. Nozzles also vary in degree of rigidity, which determines the direction of their work with natural or artificial nails. The colored rim on the base of the cutter indicates the degree of stiffness: the hardest ones mean green and black.
It is safe to remove gel polish using the machine with cutters., since the nozzle works only with the gel itself and does not come into contact with the nail plate. Masters cut the coating to the base, then act with a soft buff to remove the remnants of the past manicure. If we talk about the structure of the nail plate, then it consists of about a hundred ceramic layers, and working as a buff, the master usually removes up to 2 keratinized layers. In simple words, the procedure for removing the coating from the apparatus and treating the surface of the nail with buff is safer than other non-progressive methods.
Today, ceramic milling cutters, which have a soft coating and are not able to damage the structure of the nail plate, are even more popular, even if the nozzle comes into direct contact with it. In addition, the ceramic holes in the base of the nozzle do not clog during the sawing process (unlike metal analogues, which must be selected depending on the coating and its thickness). Often women ask which cutter it is better to remove the coating: a stick, corn, a cone or a cylinder. Masters choose the shape of the cutter on their own depending on the coating and its density, and usually use a combination of corn and a cylinder to remove gel polish from the central part of the marigold, a stick to remove pigment from the area around the cuticle.
How to use
Inexperienced craftsmen are afraid to use a special device to remove the obsolete gel polish coating and are afraid to "cut through" the plate through. This is not possible for a number of reasons. An adequate and trained master will know that it is necessary to cut off the coating to the base (it is easy to see by the characteristic glossy shine). After this, it is necessary to treat the plate with a special soft buff, they usually polish the nail before applying a transparent base.
There is an assumption that during operation of the device there is an unpleasant burning sensation. Again, it depends on the experience of the master, the sensitivity of the client, and in order to avoid any unpleasant moments, the master is recommended to learn the art of cutting gel polish on himself, and the client should talk about any unpleasant sensations at once. The usual sensation when cutting off the gel texture is a slight “tickling”, which does not cause inconvenience to a woman.
Proper use of the cutter determines the availability of a special apparatus for home or salon use. The cutter, or nozzle, is inserted into a special device, fixed in it for high-quality work.
Let's talk about how to use the gel coating cutter correctly:
- Gel Polish must be dry. - this will ensure uniform sawing and protect the nozzle from slipping;
- First you need to select the material of the cutter (ceramic or metal) and rotation speed: for ceramic nozzles the number is usually set at 10-15 thousand revolutions, for metal - from 20 thousand and above.
- It is recommended to start cutting from the middle of the nail with smooth movements loweras if you are stroking a nail plate. At the same time, it is important to maintain a uniform cutting rate and pressing the machine. To process the upper area, adhere to the rule "work area - median", you can make movements along the contour of the nail, leading from top to bottom;
- Movements should be long, it is impossible to make short cuts and put strong pressure on the nail plate, it is necessary to observe uniformity in pressing;
- You need to work with the middle part of the cutter at a slight sloperather than her tip. Pressing should be top and side - do not press on the cutter from above;
- The lower edge of the nail is processed by the middle part of the cutter sawing down a long motion;
- The cutter is used for cutting color gel polish. Once the pigment has disappeared, you can see the glossy coating on the nail plate - this is the base;
- To remove the base, you need to change the nozzle to a soft grinding analog or classic buff. This step will allow you to give the surface of the nail a uniform texture, smooth out all the bumps, remove the obsolete coating or part of it;
- Careful polishing will prepare the nail surface for the subsequent application of gel polish and is considered the next step after removing the primary color.
The procedure for removing the coating of gel polish with a cutter is not considered difficult. As in any other, practice is needed in this matter. The cutter will not harm the natural coating of the nail plate, this myth was invented by inexperienced and lazy masters who do not reckon with innovations in the field of hardware manicure. In addition, this sawing maintains a transparent base on the surface of the nail and helps to strengthen the nail plate in the future. If we talk about the structure and function of the nail, then we can say that this is a keratinized layer of skin cells that do not have the ability to "breathe", so no base or gel polishes interfere with the natural process of the body. All that is required from the master is to preserve and strengthen the nail plate.
Advantages and disadvantages
Removing gel polish with a milling cutter is crowned with dozens of mythsthat give rise to the pros and cons of using a similar salon procedure. To begin with, cutting off a gel coating is absolutely safe and not as traumatic as cutting a classic file with a powerful abrasive coating. It is neat sawing that allows the removal of the coating as quickly and naturally as possible. A little more about the pros and cons of hardware cutting:
- It allows you to remove the topcoat and gel polish layers by dry method without the use of chemical liquidswhich are usually based on acetone. It significantly affects the structure of the nail plate, causing it to soften and dry out, in addition, it affects the dryness of the cuticle and has an unpleasant burning sensation during the procedure.
- Hardware sawing usually takes 5-10 minutes in the hands of an experienced craftsman, and it’s not difficult for a beginner to cope with such a task - the main thing is to know the basic principles of work and safety.
- Removing pigment gel polish allows you to save the surface of your own nail - the cutter does not come in contact with a natural plate. Sawing occurs only to a transparent base. Further, the master works with a soft polishing nozzle and buff.
- When removing the gel layer, a slight burning sensation may be felt. - the result of overheating of the nozzle. To avoid this unpleasant moment, you must immediately tell the master about it or choose a professional with extensive experience. Heating usually occurs with metal nozzles due to their low speed; the higher the rotation speed of the device, the lower the probability of heating the nozzle. Ceramic analogues are completely devoid of such quality.
- The only drawback of working with hardware cutting is that the gel coating turns into fine chips or dust (the client has to breathe it). For cleanliness, we recommend using a disposable mask.
- Another disadvantage, rather, for the master, is the need to purchase sometimes expensive apparatus and several sets with cutters. Several identical sets of nozzles are required to work with multiple clients. We must not forget about the timely processing of accessories and keeping them clean and tidy. Milling cutters, in addition, fail and require timely replacement for high-quality and painless work.
Cutting off gel coating with cutters is the only progressive and safe solution.that the master can offer. It does not injure nails and skin, does not affect the further health of the nail plate and does not have drawbacks that could significantly affect this method. If you still doubt the benefits of this method of removing a gel-resistant coating, we recommend that you study the videos and read about the structure of the nail plate.
With the advent of hardware-based removal of gel polish, many myths have appeared about the benefits and harms of this method of removing coatings. Some women, on the advice of masters, use only milling cutters - metal or ceramic nozzles carefully remove the coating from the nail plate, without injuring it. Among them, you can hear reviews that during nail cutting there is a slight vibration and sometimes you can feel a slight burning sensation: often the reason for this is the low speed and heating of the metal nozzle. To avoid such disadvantages, masters recommend using ceramic milling cutters: they not only do not cause unpleasant sensations, but also are not able to damage the surface of the nail, even if you decide to make an effort to do this.
Those women who are negative about this method of removing the gel polish coating probably once experienced a negative experience or turned to an incompetent master. Often they are repelled by possible unpleasant sensations - vibration, slight burning of the nail plate. As already noted, these sensations depend on the master, and on the selected cutter, its rotation speed, and individual sensitivity. Even if a woman is very sensitive to any mechanical movements, it is better to tolerate the removal of gel polish with a milling cutter for about 5 minutes, rather than endure a 10-minute burning sensation from the solution with acetone, restore the cuticle and "rest" from shellac for a couple of weeks.
Often the procedure for removing gel polish using the apparatus in a beauty salon is paid separately. To save on this, modern women often purchase their own home machine and a set of cutters for cutting. This allows you to save time on the salon procedure, but for its safe conduct, you still need to stock up on professional knowledge.
Nevertheless, cutting the gel polish over with milling cutters speak positively in most cases. Files and acetone faded into the background, and the cutters took first place in professional cabinets of the nail service and even at home. Women who regularly apply gel polish notice that removing the coating with a cutter does not harm the quality of their nails, regardless of the frequency of applying and removing the long-term coating.Due to the fact that the transparent base accumulates on the nail plate with each new manicure, the nail gradually becomes thicker, stronger and takes on a natural regular anatomical shape.
In the next video - instructions for removing gel polish with the apparatus and cutter.