How to remove gel polish at home
How to remove gel polish at home is not an idle question. A manicure made using a modern gel coating lasts a long time, but it can damage the nail plate when removed, especially if its composition is not of high quality. Removing such a complex coating at home is not a very pleasant process. To make it faster and less traumatic will help the advice of specialists and reviews, those who have already tried to do it with their own hands. Despite the durable, beautiful and glossy coating of gel polish, it can pretty much spoil the health and appearance of the nails, if applied incorrectly, used too often, incorrectly removed from the nail plate.
How to wash at home
One of the priority areas that was emphasized during the development of gel polishes was the quick and easy removal of material from nails after the end of the wear period. Almost all manufacturers claim easy, painless and safe removal of the coating from the surface of the nail. However, in practice this is not always true.
One of the first lacquer gels on the market was "Shellac" from the American company Creative Nail Design. One of its advantages is its simple removal without damage to the nails. The product is really well removed after wrapping nails with cotton pads and foil. To do this, cotton pads are impregnated with Product Remover, applied to the nail plate and wrapped with foil. After ten minutes, you can remove the coating with the wrapper - slightly pressing and pulling together with massaging movements.
As a rule, the remaining pieces of the coating are easily removed with a wooden stick. Before using cotton pads, it is most convenient to cut into pieces according to the size of the nails, then the fluid flow will be much less.
To facilitate the removal procedure and reduce the harmful effects on the nails, the following recommendations of experienced masters will help:
- Some gel polishes are easier to remove from nails after preliminary removal of the top layer with a buff, a file for removal or a mill. After destroying the top layer, carry out the usual removal procedure using wrapping. This method allows to reduce the time of soaking, while the natural nail plate is not injured.
- The coating is more difficult to remove in a room with a low temperature, the softening process is more difficult for clients with cold hands and if the varnish is removed from the tips. In such cases, use the heating of the wrapped fingers with UV lamps or use hair dryers, heaters for these purposes. You can warm up your hands before applying the removal fluid and foil.
- Applying petroleum jelly on the cuticle and side rollers before wrapping with a removal fluid reduces the effect of acetone on the skin. Vaseline prevents the penetration of the substance into the pores - for this it is rubbed lightly with massaging movements.
It is recommended to remove wrappers with a remover from one finger one at a time - remove, scrape off the remaining coating, and only after that proceed to the next finger.
If you remove everything at once, the material remaining on the nails may harden again while other fingers are being processed.
Sometimes, when removing gel polishes by sawing, they leave a base coat. There is no need to use acetone for soaking, and the natural nail plate is not affected.
Why it is badly removed
Many women have already become acquainted with a universal coating called gel polish. It lasts about two weeks, dries instantly in a UV lamp, it can be applied to natural as well as artificial nails. However, its significant disadvantage is the difficulty of removing from the surface of the nail plate. Pay attention to the special remover fluid. Choose a remover fluid of the same firm as gel polish.
The main reason for poor withdrawals is the quality of the funds. Most companies produce coatings, where the gel is the main component, but, as you know, it does not dissolve with nail polish remover, it should be filed with a file. If you want the coating to peel off well, gel polish should be applied in thin layers. So it dries better and is easier to remove. The coating will not work well if there is a design on the nails (stickers, sparkles).
It is believed that strong filing of the nail plate, as well as the use of degreasers and primers before coating, can affect the quality of removal of gel polish. Before buying it, it is important to study the manufacturer and find out how he offers to remove the coating. Sometimes masters mix gel varnishes (for example, the base and top of one firm, and the color of another), in which case it is worth focusing on the top and base.
Removing gel polish from nails on your own is not so difficult as it seems at first glance. If it is poorly removed, then there are several reasons for this:
- Bonder was applied to the entire surface of the nails. Next time try to apply it only on the tip of the nail, where greater strength is required.
- The materials that were used to create the manicure turned out to be of poor quality. Very often this situation occurs when using Chinese gel polishes. They are very tightly attached to the nail.
- Worn for a very long time. There is a rule: the more you wear a manicure, the more difficult it is to remove.
- Do not remove the top layer of the old manicure. Top is the most durable coating. And in order to facilitate the removal of gel polish, it must be cut off.
- When applying gel polish, an error was made. Perhaps a too thick layer was applied.
How to erase
Recently, in the field of fashion and beauty, a huge number of interesting procedures have appeared that help a woman look excellent regardless of age. Gel polish is especially durable and glossy, which lasts up to two weeks. It holds well, but it is not so easy to remove. If you want to remove the coating yourself, then feel free to proceed with the procedure. To remove the gel polish itself you will need:
- Removal fluid containing acetone. If you remove the usual varnish, then give preference to a mild agent that gently removes the product, but does not dry out the nails. If you need to remove the gel polish, then pay attention to the product based on acetone.
- Cotton pads.
- Food foil used for cooking.
- Grinding and ordinary file.
- Cuticle orange stick
When you are convinced that all the necessary tools are at hand, feel free to proceed with the procedure.
- Carefully process the nail plates with a file. This stage will speed up the process of removing gel polish and simplify it. Take a file that is designed to correct the shape of natural nails. Carefully walk on the surface, removing the top coat of varnish. Do not press the file too hard so as not to spoil the nail plate.
- It is time to dissolve the remainder of the product. To do this, you need ten cotton pads, nail polish remover and foil. Moisten a cotton pad well with acetone remover and apply it firmly to your fingernail. Tear off a small piece of foil and wrap your finger so that the cotton pad is pressed even more firmly. Repeat this procedure with each nail and leave for fifteen minutes. Do not be afraid that you will harm your nails, because acetone practically does not reach the nail plate.
- Remove foil and gel polish. Now gently work with each finger separately: remove the foil and slide the cover with a wooden stick. By this moment, the varnish will turn into a mass similar to plasticine, so there will be no difficulties with the removal. Do not use a metal spatula for this purpose, because it can damage the nail plate. If you have difficulty removing gel polish from the surface of the nails, then again for several minutes, repeat the procedure with the application of a cotton pad with nail polish remover.
- Level the surface of the nails. In order for them to be smooth and shiny, it is necessary to further process them with a conventional polishing file. Wait ten minutes after removing the varnish with foil, the nail plate should dry well. Take a polishing file and go over all your nails, making short, light movements. Brush off the dust with any brush and apply a clear varnish. You can use the product with the effect of strengthening and treatment to restore the nails after gel polish.
The removal procedure is not very complicated and accessible to all women and girls. In order to remove gel polish at home, you do not need to spend a lot of money and time. If you act as carefully as possible, then absolutely do not injure your nails and do not harm the cuticle. Be sure to show the condition of the nails after home removal of gel polish to your master. After all, it happens that women injure them themselves without realizing it.
There is another way to remove gel polish, which is practically no different from the first. Before removing the cover, pick up the tools: liquid, orange stick or pusher, chopped cotton pads, foil, shaped file, soft grinder. It is necessary to process first one, then the other hand. Start by filing the top coat of gel polish. The task is to saw off only the top with a file, with light movements from the base to the free edge of the nail. Shellac gel polishes do not need filing.
Moisten a piece of cotton wool in the liquid and attach to the fingernail, wrap the foil over the finger and wait a bit. If you are shooting for the first time, you can periodically unwind one finger and watch. Remove the foil alternately with each finger. With an orange stick, clean off the gel polish with the movements from the cuticle towards the free edge. Try not to press hard on the nail so as not to damage the nail plate. If pieces of coating still remain, then moisten a piece of cotton pad again and wrap it in foil. Use a soft nail polisher to make the surface smooth. If you plan to cover with gel polish again, then you should do a manicure and move the cuticle.
In the cabin, the coating is washed off by special professional means, and also removed by sawing. This is done easily and quickly, if the varnish is removed by an experienced specialist. Also in the cabin, gel polish is removed from the extended nails without foil. Masters use special tools that minimize injury to the nail plate.
Why is film removed
The reasons for the detachment of the material are quite diverse, but much depends on the professionalism of the master during coating. If the correct technology is not followed, the gel polish is removed with a film from the entire nail or can peel off at the edges. If you want to avoid this, you must adhere to the following rules:
- Apply all components only to the nail plate, gel polish moves away from the cuticle and side rollers when it gets on them.
- Consider the condition of the nails and procedures performed on them (manicure and other care).
- Use a degreaser and, if necessary, a dehydrator.
- Do not apply after steaming your hands. or applying cosmetics containing fats and oils.
- Follow pre-grinding technology: If you do not remove the upper shiny layer and the skin growing from the cuticle from the nail plate, this will not give the material a reliable adhesion to the surface of the nail and lead to its peeling.
- Do not file too much nails. Shellac will not stick to the damaged plate and its restoration will take time.
- Do not ignore "sealing" the free edge of the nail plate on the side and at the ends with a finishing agent.
Nails after removal
Recently, manicure using gel polish has gained great popularity. Thanks to the stable coating, which is obtained after applying the gel composition, the nails acquire a long-lasting, beautiful, resistant to mechanical damage manicure. And although this option for decorating nails is considered safe, still after removing this coating, a number of restoration procedures are required. The use of chemicals has a negative effect on the natural layer of the nail plates and skin. After several gel polish procedures, the nails become thinner, brittle and brittle.
Girls know what nails look like after removal. These are rough plates that flake and break at the slightest load. To restore the natural strength and beauty of the nails, it is necessary to give them complete rest for a while. This means that for a period you should not use even ordinary varnish. The best option - wellness treatments, including the use of vitamin complexes, moisturizing oils.
Be sure to cut brittle nails. Weak plates look ugly and break with a little touch. If you want your hands to look well-groomed, it is better to trim the thinned edges and gradually restore their attractive appearance. In order for nail care after removing gel polish to be professional, it is recommended to purchase specialized complexes designed for recovery and recovery. The substances that make up these funds include a lot of useful vitamins and minerals, which when applied to the nail plates form a protective film. Thanks to this, the nails after the first use acquire a healthy and well-groomed appearance.
Natural Products Will Greatly Benefit from Nail Health. Along with the use of specialized manicures, it is necessary to apply lemon juice. By wiping the nail plates daily with natural juice, you can see how quickly the rough nails, covered with white spots, become more healthy and attractive. A good restorative effect is given by baths from sea salt. Nails after removing gel polish, sanitized with sea salt, gain strength and attractiveness.
If your nails hurt after removal, do not resort to grinding and other manicure. During the recovery period, it is better not to touch the matte cover of the nail plate, which is gradually covered with a natural keratin layer. After removing the sticky layer of the coating, the use of oils will be of great benefit. Fats perfectly restore the inside of the nail plate. So if your nails hurt be sure to use castor, almond, olive or any other vegetable natural oil. Processing the nails after removing any gel polish with any of them, the natural beauty of the nail plates is quickly restored.
Regular iodine will help restore natural beauty and attractiveness faster. This procedure quickly nourishes the nails with nutrients. In addition to the use of professional vitamin complexes and natural oils, proper nutrition plays a great role in the recovery process. In order for nails, hair and skin to become healthy, it is necessary to use dried fruits, sour-milk products, fish, meat, vegetables. Huge benefits for the whole body bring freshly squeezed juices.
Reviews about gel polish and its removal from the nail are contradictory. Someone can easily remove the coating from the nail plate without injuring it, while someone, on the contrary, regrets that he began to use gel polish.One of the inexpensive tools that perform their task of removing the gel coating is a liquid for home removal of gel polish "Antishellac" from a domestic manufacturer. Judging by the reviews, this is the best budget tool that really quickly removes complex coverage. But it has drawbacks that are manifested by a combination of factors (frequent use of gel varnishes, weak nail plate, poor-quality coating): unpleasant odor, cuticle becomes inflamed after application, nails hurt, and the nail plate deteriorates.
Many positive reviews have raised gel polish removers "Severina Shellac Remover", "Jerden Proff Gel Remover", Irisk, "Charme Pro Line" formula with vitamin E, "MAXI Remover" with acetone. All of them gently and safely remove the coating without injuring the nail plate. According to users, they showed the worst result "Aurella Gel Polish Remover", "Formula Profi". Badly recommended napkins for removing gel polish. They are ineffective and inconvenient, do not give the result declared by the manufacturer.7 photos
In general, almost all gel polish removers really work. Many are not intended for professional use, but for home use.
See how to remove gel polish using foil and clips in the next video.