Dry hair spray
Today, among women who lead an active lifestyle in the face of a constant lack of time, dry hairspray is very popular.
According to experts and users, in comparison with traditional styling products, it has a number of undeniable advantages.
Dry hair spray is a natural product that has a special composition that differs from the traditional one. If a regular liquid product contains harmful freons, then in dry varnishes they are not at all. The alcohol in them is replaced by organic solvents of mild action. That is why dry clamps are less aggressive compared to their liquid counterparts.
The dry clamp has an original component composition, including:
- amino acids fighting brittle hair problems;
- plasticizers, giving strands elasticity, flexibility and elasticity;
- polymers that are distributed without sticking along strands and help maintain styling;
- film formers providing stable fixation;
- solar filters protecting from harmful ultraviolet radiation;
- panthenol (optional, depending on the preferences of the manufacturer, component), preventing drying of the strands.
A significant difference between a dry hair spray and regular varnish is that it is sprayed in the form of instantly drying tiny dispersion particles without sticking strands.
Dry varnishes are available not only in the form of a familiar spray, but also in the form of powder placed in a small bottle. A specific feature of this tool is that in most cases it requires application to dry, but not to wet curls. This feature of the spray allows you to successfully use it “on the run”, during the working break, during moving, traveling.
The attractiveness of the dry fixer is due to a number of advantages. These include:
- composition safety;
- the lightness of the substance applied to the hairstyle;
- lack of bonding and weighting of strands;
- the resistance of the composition to spreading at elevated temperature and humidity;
- quick drying;
- the possibility of repeated modifications to the hairstyle;
- ease of use.
With all the obvious advantages, a dry spray is not without some drawbacks. Be sure to pay attention to its inherent functional limitations:
- inability to reliably fix heavy thick strands;
- inefficiency of application for non-standard, differing complexity of hairstyles.
Brands & Brands
Considering the characteristics of various brands of dry fixer, it should be remembered that it is primarily intended for everyday styling of thin hair. However, from among the famous brands, you can choose exactly the brand that is right for you.
Among dry varnishes, product lines are often given the palm "Professional Silhouette" by Schwarzkopf. This is not surprising, since it is produced by a world-famous German company, whose products are considered professional quality stylists and hairdressers. Providing ultra-strong fixation, these varnishes do not complicate combing hair, give it a delightful shine, reliably hold the created volume. Their additional plus is a pleasant light smell.
Taft Power range by Taft among dry clamps it occupies a special place due to its exclusive properties: they even fix damaged strands well, without making them heavier, and maintain the effect of styling integrity.
Dry varnishes "Infinium Crystal" from L'Oreal provide flexible fixation, and the new formula that distinguishes them works reliably when creating volume. They do not leave even a slight plaque on the hair and have a pleasant smell of freshness.
Products Estel It is famous for both quality and multifunctionality: the sprays produced by the company guarantee to give the hair shine, as well as long-term preservation of the hair, which is highly appreciated by those who can not afford to look messy.
Good reputation among professional hairdressers enjoy funds from Sebastian. One of the new products of this brand - "Shaper Zero Gravity". This ultralight varnish copes with ultra-stylish hairstyles and does not make heavier or stick together curls. It dries instantly and also combes instantly.
Interesting product from Lebel - dry varnish with UV filter "LS Layer Spray". It is ideal for owners of soft and thin hair, dreaming of volume styling. Effectively protecting curls from any external aggressive effects, this tool allows you to use a curling iron in the process, which, as a rule, is not recommended.
The undoubted advantage of varnish "Super Clean Light" by Paul Mitchell is its versatility, i.e. possibility of use regardless of hair type. It nourishes and protects hair, making it shiny and lush.
Dry clamps of the Japanese company Moltobene differ in that they contain herbal ingredients: extracts of chamomile, rosehip and rosemary. Providing silky and shiny hair, these varnishes moisturize, nourish and strengthen them.
To choose the right dry varnish, you need to have a clear idea of its functionality, strengths and the limitations in use that are due to the composition of a particular brand. In any case, do not recklessly experience a new cosmetic product.
If you are not one of the women with a thick and rebellious hair, dry varnish can be your reliable friend in everyday life. It is not difficult to choose a specific brand now: on the market of styling products a wide variety of products of this type are presented, differing in their characteristics and prices. In any case, the consumer will be able to choose a brand that best suits his preferences and capabilities.
When choosing a product, learn more about its composition. The presence of natural ingredients is an absolute advantage. Pay attention to the manufacturer of the cosmetic product: trusted brands do not cause allergies, as they pass a multi-stage testing system. Before you start using the spray, apply a small amount to the bend of the elbow. If irritation does not appear within 20 minutes, you can use it without too much fear.
How to apply
For dry varnish to be effective, it is necessary to apply it correctly. Experts advise to adhere to the following recommendations:
- Do not try to apply the spray on wet hair (except for greasy hair);
- varnish should be applied twice on oily hair: first on wet washed, and then on dried;
- strictly observe the rule of spraying: no closer than 20 cm from the head;
- to increase the volume of hair, apply varnish first to the roots, and after drying the styling, fix it with a spray;
- to use varnish at the end of each completed stage of creating a hairstyle.
When choosing a hair spray, remember that absolutely safe cosmetic products do not exist. The most common contraindications to the use of dry varnish include:
- allergic tendency which can be called by any of the components of the tool;
- the presence of seborrheawhich develops rapidly with clogging of pores;
- bronchial asthma disease, in which any pungent smell can provoke a severe attack;
- the presence of open wounds on the scalp;
- skin disease which can sharply aggravate under the influence of an unexpected smell or an unusual cosmetic product.
Experts strongly recommend applying the varnish strictly according to the instructions. In particular, If you want to achieve an impressive volume, then you should:
- wash and dry hair;
- head down, gently apply a fixative to the hair roots;
- fasten the crown strands with a hairpin, separate the several lower ones and try to pull the dried curls up;
- to dry hair from the bottom up;
- apply varnish to the strands by spraying.
To get curls, you need to adhere to a different algorithm of actions:
- washed hair to dry slightly;
- secure the separated curls with hair clips;
- put a lock on each strand, wind on curlers (it is not recommended to use hot styling methods);
- after removing the curlers from completely dried curls, do not comb the hair;
- to divide curls with fingers and give them extra splendor;
- Sprinkle the styled hair with a retainer.
Those who have already tried dry hair sprays leave rave reviews about them.: they are really easy to use, easy to apply and remove, provide a well-groomed appearance for hair, help women to create and maintain exquisite hairstyles throughout the day. Many note that spraying varnish does not cause side effects. However, this multifunctional tool can not always solve the problems that women have to face when caring for hair.
To achieve the desired effect, it is necessary to apply dry varnish in a complex of cosmetics designed to care for a particular type of hair. In this difficult matter, it is best to follow the recommendations of professionals.
About the rules for choosing varnish, its varieties and application - in the video below.