Can I dye my hair with dye after henna?
Beautiful well-groomed ringlets have long been considered female wealth. Changing hair color is one of the fastest ways to make cardinal changes in your appearance. To change the hue and tone of the strands, there are many different ways, for example, the use of tinting shampoos or masks, the use of conventional permanent or ammonia-free paints. Among the young ladies who want to give their hair a fiery shade, henna is popular. But there is nothing permanent in this world, especially when it comes to the appearance of a woman. Therefore, a dilemma may soon arise: "Is it possible to dye hair with dye after henna?" Let's see how to get rid of the copper tone, the result of applying henna, and how to do it as painlessly as possible, without damaging the curls and not getting an undesirable result from staining.
Why not right away?
Any hair specialist or hairdresser will tell you that you can’t immediately dye your hair with dye after henna, otherwise you can get an unexpected and unpleasant effect, which will be very difficult to get rid of. Henna is produced from a certain plant - the leaves of Lavsonia.. Despite the fact that the composition of this preparation for staining includes orange dyes, the powder itself most closely resembles a marsh hue. Orange dye is released upon contact with a liquid, such as acidified water (some beauties dilute it with kefir).
After staining with henna, its active dye ingredients penetrate deep into the structure of the hair, reuniting with keratin. Therefore, a bright juicy color is obtained, which is highly resistant.
It is not recommended to immediately use other dyes that contain ammonia. Ammonia is a fairly aggressive substance that immediately comes into active contact with the natural dye of lavsonia. As a result, you can get a very unexpected effect that will not please you.
Here are a few examples:
When lightening or using other dyes of light tones, a purple or swamp shade of the strands is obtained.
Ginger color can give a greenish tint to hair.
Black coloring may cause the shade to go stained, and the hair will have a dark brown tone in sunlight.
Almost always, a sharp change in the shade of the strands can cause a heterogeneous tone, the strands will turn out to be multi-colored and painted over, or it will be quite difficult to fix such an effect. Therefore, hair care professionals are strongly advised to wait a while before highlighting, dyeing or brightening.
To soften the pronounced red color after applying henna, you can use a tonic or tint balm. These cosmetic products will allow you to smooth out the tone and remove redness.
But it is worth being extremely careful and prudent so as not to cause irreparable damage to the hair. It’s better not to risk it and wait a while when the saturated color fades a little.
How much to color?
There are two opinions:
Some experts considerthat you can not use other dyes until that time, until the hair has completely grown, and part of the strands dyed with lavsonia will not be cut off.
Other specialists are not so categorical and permit dyeing until the hair that has been dyed with henna is completely sheared. But they insist that a certain time should pass, at least 2 months from the moment of using the drug with lavsonia. Otherwise, the other color simply will not be taken, and the result will disappoint you.
Your hair type plays an important role:
- Henna lasts the longest on smooth, thin locks and with great difficulty washed out of them.
- Blond and blond hair very susceptible to lavsonia. Therefore, after using henna it will be very difficult to change into a blonde right away. Instead of lightening, you can get a green, swamp or purple color.
- The easiest way to remove the consequences the effects of Lawsonia to brown-haired girls and red-haired young ladies.
- Most quickly, such a shade is washed off with curly hair. If your strands curl and are characterized by high porosity, then it will be easier for you to get rid of a reddish tint.
- Blondes and fair-haired girls with long straight hair, characterized by medium density, will return their usual color of strands for the longest time. Therefore, they should seriously weigh their decision to use natural dyes.
- Worth being prepared to the fact that not every hairdresser decides to carry out a dyeing procedure, lighten or highlight the strands after applying henna. We recommend that you gradually get rid of the brown-red tint by carrying out the so-called bleaching procedure, and over time you will get the desired shade.
How to make a henna remover at home?
There are a large number of folk methods that will help remove redness. It is worthwhile to be prepared for the fact that it will not work to completely get rid of the coloring pigment. Depending on the type of hair, you can use one of the following masks:
- For strands characterized by fat content, apply a gentle mask, the main ingredients of which are healing clay and kefir or yogurt. Clay must be diluted with a dairy product until a porridge-like consistency is formed. It is necessary to hold such a remedy for 15-20 minutes.
How to make a mask on kefir, see the following video:
- For normal type perfect product, which includes chicken yolk and cognac. Take 1 egg, mix the yolk with one fourth cup of cognac. Mix everything thoroughly and apply on the curls along the entire length. To withstand such a mask for 15-20 minutes.
Useful information about the mask, based on yolk and cognac, can be found in the following video:
- Young ladies with dry locks it is better to use masks, which include a variety of oils. Keep on the hair such a tool should be for a long time, approximately 2-3 hours. Oils are absorbed more slowly than other ingredients. Before applying the oil mask, you need to wash your head with hot water or wipe the locks with alcohol. Such a preliminary procedure must be performed so that the hair flakes “open” and the medicinal product penetrates deep into the structure of each hair.
Recipes of various masks based on oils can be seen in the following video:
Heat one of the following oils in a water bath:
They will not only help get rid of the effects of henna, but also take a therapeutic effect. As additional ingredients to these masks, you can add:
It should be prepared for the fact that all these masks need to be worn for a long time.
If you do not want to wait so long, then you can add a beautiful dark tone to curls using natural freshly ground coffee and henna. These components must be taken in a ratio of 2: 1.
As effective recipes that have proven themselves to be excellent results, the following ways to get rid of the action of lavsonia are distinguished:
- Rinse hair in sour water. Dilute 1 tablespoon of vinegar (9%) in 1 liter of warm water. All components must be mixed well and the resulting mixture should be poured into a bowl or other container into which you can dip your hair. You should hold the strands in such an acidic liquid for 10 minutes, and then rinse using ordinary shampoo. If you carry out this operation 3 times a week, then after 3 sessions you will notice a significant result - the fiery color will gradually pass and become less pronounced. It is worth noting that, along with high efficiency, this method very much dries the skin of the head and the locks themselves. Therefore, after this procedure, you should definitely use special moisturizing and nourishing masks or balms.
- Using a kefir-yeast mask. It is necessary to dissolve 40 grams of yeast in 1 cup of slightly warmed kefir. Use normal natural yeast for this purpose, not powdery counterparts. Mix all the ingredients very carefully and apply the mixture over the entire length of the hair. Hold the product on the locks for 2 hours, and then rinse under running water. This mask has a gentle effect, therefore, if desired, it can be applied every day without negative impact on the structure of the hair.
- The use of laundry soap. The composition of such a product includes alkali, which is able to "reveal" hair scales. To remove the effects of dyes with lavsonia, you will have to wash your hair with household soap instead of the usual shampoo. After using such a means for washing your hair, the curls can become very dry, so be sure to apply a nourishing mask. A month after the start of use, you can repaint the curls in the desired shade.
- Peroxide sour cream will also help to remove a bright orange color. Apply this product to the locks. After 1 hour, it must be washed off with warm water. After this procedure, you will get a more restrained tone.
- A quick way to flush henna is to use alcohol. For these purposes, you will need 70% medical alcohol. Soak a sponge in this liquid and run a wet sponge over your curls. Hold the alcohol on the locks for 5 minutes, then apply natural oil. Put a bath cap or plastic bag over your head and wrap a warm towel around your head. Leave this mixture for 40 minutes. Over time, rinse your hair with shampoo for oily curls. This operation can be repeated several times, and you will get rid of henna forever. The main disadvantage of this tool is that it dries curls very strongly, so you should be extremely careful with the owner of a dry hair type with it.
The most important task to get rid of the henna stain is to wash the coloring pigment. For these purposes, the use of deep cleansing shampoos is recommended. After you have washed your hair, you need to rinse the hair with a weak aqueous solution, which includes apple cider vinegar, or a nettle decoction.
The henna washing process should not be delayed. Even after the first month that has passed since you dyed the curls, the dye is so absorbed into each hair that it is very difficult to get rid of it.
It is worth noting that during the removal of the consequences of using henna, you can dry your curls. To prevent them becoming dull and brittle, special care is required. This requires regular apply nourishing or moisturizing agents, for example, masks or balms.
Before you give preference to any one remedy to reduce the shade of lavsonia, you need to conduct a simple test on an inconspicuous area of hair. For example, you can apply the product on the back of the head. Apply the product and wait a certain time. Rate the effect. If it satisfies you, and the color has become less saturated, then you can apply this tool to all curls. If the result did not satisfy you, and you need to repaint it urgently, then use another recipe.
Only natural products that are best purchased on the market can increase the chance of flushing. Remember that after various henna flushing operations, your strands need to be looked after even more. To restore their former strength, brilliance and radiance, It is better to use professional cosmetics.
Remember that it is better to wait a while before lightening, repainting or doing Venetian highlights, so as not to get an undesirable effect.
Girls seeking to change their hair color after using henna leave a variety of reviews. Someone in pursuit of a quick result received a head of green or purple.
More patient young ladies methodically applied various washing methods and gradually got rid of the negative influence of lavsonia. Girls with a high shutter speed, waited until their strands had completely grown and only after that they started staining with permanent paints.
You can dye your hair with dye after henna, the main thing is not to do it immediately after using lavsonia, and also to follow simple recipes for removing this substance.
Tips for hair coloring after using henna - in the following video: