Facial Hair Wax
You can only imagine how sad the girls are, noticing undesirable vegetation in the form of rare hairs on their faces. To get rid of unwanted facial hairs, many different methods have been invented and tested in the world of cosmetology a long time ago. Some of them are very painful, others are considered ineffective, and others cause a lot of controversial debate regarding health safety and the appropriateness of use. Waxing is one of the most popular ways to remove facial hair. This procedure has been known since the reign of Queen Cleopatra, as evidenced by ancient Egyptian manuscripts.
Features and Benefits
The skin on the face is delicate and sensitive. When choosing methods and means for depilation, it is necessary to consider these two factors. Wax is considered one of the safest and most effective skin care products. The procedure itself is quite painful, but most women still prefer this tool to remove facial hair (especially mustaches). Compared with other methods of depilation, it can be noted that today shugaring is attracting more and more attention (the disadvantage is that you can burn the skin) and laser hair removal.
The effectiveness of the first procedure can be compared with wax, so why try something new on yourself if you already have a long-tried and convenient way. But laser hair removal has established itself as a fairly effective method, but the cost of one procedure significantly affects the contents of the wallet. Using a laser to remove unwanted hair on the body and face causes a lot of controversy and controversy. It is believed that laser flashes provoke skin aging.
Benefits of waxing:
- Suitable for all skin types, a variety of female faces;
- with proper skin care (before and after the procedure) does not leave scars or other injuries, therefore, hair can thus be removed often;
- does not provoke earlier aging;
- during the procedure, the upper layer of the epidermis is updated;
- copes well with both dark dense hairs and almost colorless fluff;
- contains natural oils and extracts of shea butter, chamomile, aloe, rose, olive, cocoa beans, ylang-ylang, pine and other ingredients of natural origin;
- the constant use of wax for depilation contributes to the destruction of the hair follicle, each time the number of hairs is significantly reduced;
- in practice, it can be used not only in beauty salons, but also at home (depending on the type of wax and experience with its use);
- the procedure is not harmful and has a sufficiently long effect (a temporary gap between the procedures is 2-3 weeks);
- pricing policy is designed for middle-income consumers;
- It does not belong to the category of scarce goods, as it is sold in specialized cosmetic stores, beauty salons, cosmetology centers, and even in ordinary supermarkets.
How to use?
Today, wax is widely used in cosmetology to remove unwanted vegetation on the body and face. Initially, the product was intended for dark hair on the body. However, later it began to be used for depilation of the upper lip, antennae and beard.
In addition, this cosmetic product can be used at home. Please note that for the independent conduct of the depilation procedure, the use of hot wax is not recommended. If the product is handled improperly, it can injure skin and cause burns.
Before the procedure
About a week before epilation, it is necessary to regularly exfoliate the skin, it is better to do this with a soft scrub. A scrub is also useful in that it prevents the ingrowth of hairs. Do not forget to use creams (moisturizing, anti-inflammatory or nutritious).
Between procedures, you can not use a razor, pluck hairs or bleach them.
Preheated wax is applied exclusively to clean and dry skin (you can lightly moisturize with cream or oil). Penetrating through the upper layer of the epidermis, the wax "covers" the follicle and hardens. It is removed with a sharp movement / jerk against hair growth. The remaining small particles of wax can be easily removed with cosmetic, olive or even ordinary vegetable oil.
Injured areas should be covered with a soothing lotion of tea tree or aloe vera.
After the procedure
There are a number of recommendations that should be followed after the depilation procedure has already been completed. It is forbidden to wet the skin for the next 2-3 hours. You can not visit the bathhouse, sauna or steam room for 3-4 days after the procedure. Do not use alcohol-containing lotions. Try not to sunbathe for a period of time to eliminate the possibility of pigmentation.
Types of Wax
The main distinguishing feature of wax used for depilation is its temperature regime. There are three categories of wax:
To remove facial hair, the use of a warm or cold type is recommended.
Wax strips have several advantages: simplicity and affordability of use at home, low price category, high performance, the possibility of repeated use, gentle effect on the skin, component composition based on natural ingredients, wide distribution.
Cartridge Wax differs in profitability and rational expense. Thanks to a special nozzle, the product is applied evenly. It is recommended to additionally purchase a wax alloy for heating the product in the cartridge.
Wax in jars refers to professional cosmetics. It is characterized by additional qualities: it nourishes and moisturizes the skin, promotes rapid recovery and reduces the risk of redness and irritation.
Granule wax popular for removing vegetation on the nasolabial triangle. It has high efficiency, it can be used in a home environment.
Wax in discs won a large number of positive reviews from professional masters. It is characterized by high quality and dense viscous consistency.
Waxing, like any other cosmetic procedure, has a number of contraindications. It is better to refrain from waxing:
- if there are inflammatory processes on the skin or unhealed wounds;
- with various diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- with varicose veins (especially important when performing depilation of the lower extremities);
- with diabetes;
- in case of individual intolerance to one of the components that make up the drug (if the procedure is performed by a master in a beauty salon, ask to pre-voice the component composition of the cosmetic product used);
- with viral or infectious diseases;
- with hypersensitivity or low pain threshold;
- in the presence of blood diseases (poor blood coagulation);
- during pregnancy.
The above contraindications are advisory in nature. If the procedure is planned in a cosmetology center or salon, the master may refuse to perform it. In the event that you plan to do waxing yourself at home, then it is up to you to decide whether to adhere to these recommendations
Removing unwanted hair on the body and face is probably one of the most actively discussed topics in the world. Women share their experiences, tips and tricks, because everyone wants to be the most beautiful and unique. The use of wax to remove facial hair is practiced in all civilized countries of the world, so this topic is always relevant and interesting.
There are completely polar opinions of users regarding the use of various types of wax to remove hair above the upper lip or chin. Many women are stopped by the soreness of the procedure. Those girls who have a low pain threshold are especially worried. However, if we compare wax depilation and laser hair removal, the latter is several times more noticeable. Remember: beauty requires sacrifice! Sometimes you can tolerate a couple of minutes to achieve perfection.
There are girls who actively use wax to depilate their legs, armpits and bikini zone, but categorically refuse this procedure to remove unwanted facial hair. The main concern is ingrown hair, which is often found after waxing the body. To remove such defects is quite problematic.
There are various fears, but most of the fair sex around the world actively uses this method to remove unwanted hair both on the body and on the face. There are many positive comments regarding the ease of implementation and high efficiency of this procedure.
The following video shows the process of applying and removing hot wax for depilation of the French company Perron Rigot.