How to clean a washing machine from dirt and smell?
Nowadays you can not do without a washing machine. She not only saves the power of the hostess, but also frees up a lot of time for doing other important and more enjoyable things. And when such a technique suddenly ceases to fulfill its function due to the banal clogging with scum and dirt, it can unsettle. How to prevent damage to the washing machine? And how to remove contaminants, if they are already there? This will be discussed below.
How to clean?
Fortunately, wise housewives have long come up with a few ingenious ways to quickly rid the machine of pollution. And they use for this not only purchased household products, but also the usual substances present in any home. For example, funds with the use of are very effective:
- baking soda;
- bleach containing chlorine;
- citric acid.
Now, we will examine in detail each of the ways to clean the washing machine from scale and dirt.
This substance perfectly removes dirt and scale from the inside of the machine:
- Take a small amount of water at room temperature and pour the same volume of baking soda into it.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly - the soda should be completely dissolved in water.
- Now we take a sponge and process all available internal parts of the machine. It is not necessary to be limited only to metal details, as soda also cleans rubber elements well. Wipe them with a little effort, and then rinse with water.
- After cleaning, wipe the inside of the machine dry.
Sometimes mold appears in cleaning containers. This occurs if the powder or rinse aid is not completely washed out of them. Everyone knows how tenacious mold spores are. It is very difficult to get rid of them, but a soda remedy will help to cope with this problem. Simply handle containers on a regular basis and the mold will never appear in them again.
To prevent contamination, the machine should be cleaned with soda once a week.
There is hardly any kitchen in which acetic acid could not be found. It is often used in the preparation of various dishes, but do all housewives know that it can be used not only in culinary recipes? For example, it remarkably cleans the inside of a washing machine. The main thing is to know how to use it for this purpose:
- Take 400 ml of acetic acid and carefully pour directly into the drum of the machine.
- Now select the longest washing mode and start it.
- Set the temperature to the highest of all provided - this will make cleaning even more effective.
- After the washing machine has run idle for about 5 minutes, pause the wash and let the vinegar spread on the surface of the drum do its job - dissolve all the dirt on the parts.
- After that, you can click on "start" again and end the cycle.
Just do not put dirty laundry in the drum or use detergent. The interaction of acetic acid with detergents can ruin the details of the machine. And the fabrics that make up linen in contact with highly concentrated vinegar will be damaged.
Now you need to remove residual acetic acid from the inside of the machine. To do this, you can wipe them with a sponge soaked in water abundantly or conduct another “single” wash:
- Soak a soft cloth in the resulting solution;
- Treat the surface of the drum, the rubber gasket and the inside of the door;
- After that, wipe everything dry.
It is allowed to use vinegar, only this time to reduce its concentration by diluting with water 2 or 3 times.
Citric acid can rid the washing machine of several problems at once:
- kill mold;
- eliminate unpleasant odor;
- clean the dirt;
- dissolve a coating of lime.
She does all this not only with the visible, but also with the internal details of the machine.
But do not use citric acid, which has long been in the cabinet. Better buy a new bag. The algorithm of actions is as follows:
- Prepare 200 g of product;
- Pour everything into a container for washing powder;
- Choose a long wash mode;
- Set the temperature to 60 degrees (minimum).
Citric acid has the ability to dissolve limescale and facilitate its exfoliation from the details of the washing machine. It is not necessary to wash clothes at the same time as cleaning, since it will not allow the acid to fully contact the parts of the machine. After washing, turn on the extra rinse (the more intense, the better) - this will completely wash off the remnants of the applied product.
Do not abuse this method, as citric acid adversely affects rubber parts. The optimal frequency of its use will be every 3-4 months along with washing powder.
The most used, inexpensive and well-known chlorine bleach on the Russian market is Belizna. And you can use it to remove dirt from the washing machine:
- Take this product in an amount of 200 ml and pour directly into an empty drum.
- Set the machine for a long wash at a temperature of 60 degrees.
- After the completion of the full cycle, remove the remains of the “Whiteness” with water, and then wipe the parts with a dry cloth.
Chlorine-containing bleaches do a great job not only with dirt, but also with the eternal enemy of washing machines - limescale. But this method has its own minus - during the processing in the room there is an intense smell of bleach. And it's not that he is unpleasant.
In fact, prolonged inhalation of it is harmful to health, therefore, cleaning the Belizna washing machine should be carried out with the windows open and no more than once every 3 months.
If you are not a supporter of "folk" ways of controlling pollution in the washing machine, You can use the help of purchased, specially developed tools for this:
- For example, very popular in the fight against calcareous deposits. Calgon. When using it, follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- Another well-known commercial product - "Descaling". Its ingredients eliminate both scale and many other impurities characteristic of washing machines. Instructions are also attached to it. In no case should one step back from its points. The fact is that using this product in too high a dosage is fraught with premature wear of the internal parts of the washing machine.
You can choose other means of purchase, especially since now they are presented in a huge assortment.
Cleaning various parts
In addition to cleaning the inside of the washing machine (where we load the laundry), an internal filter, containers for washing powder and rinse aid, and glass doors also require attention. Let's see how to remove dirt from these parts.
Clogged filter and deposits of contaminants on its surface and inside may well cause an unpleasant odor in the drum. Naturally, this will adversely affect the aroma of washed laundry. Cleaning is as follows:
- To remove the filter, you need to open the bottom panel cover;
- Now you need to remove all the accumulated garbage from it;
- Then wipe it with a damp cloth or sponge on all sides;
- After that, you can install the filter in place.
The containers into which we load various detergents are also periodically contaminated. Sometimes mold even appears in them. To clean this important detail, use the help of the well-known tool "Comets. Double effect":
- Remove the containers from the washing machine;
- Place in a container of suitable size and fill with prepared liquid;
- Wait a few hours, drain the liquid, and rinse the residue under the tap.
Contaminants can be easily removed and the part will sparkle with cleanliness.
On the glass surface of the door of the washing machine, a coating of lime often also appears on the inside. Take care of its cleanliness with vinegar:
- Dilute it with water in a concentration of 1: 1;
- Dampen a cloth in the product;
- Then, with a slight pressure, wipe the glass. Do not forget to do the same from the outside, because it is also contaminated.
- Now wipe both surfaces again, but now use plain water. Your door is new again!
Scaling is easier to prevent in advance than to get rid of an existing problem later. Its main reason is the increased water hardness. If there are a lot of foreign salts in it, then when washing clothes in the car, they simply settle on its internal parts (mainly tene).
Here are some simple rules, following which, you will definitely minimize the risk of scale on the ten:
- If you know that the tap water in your area is hard, start using special water softeners. If you do not want to spend money on expensive products, add a little citric acid to the powder with each wash.
- Soften hard water periodically with a little soda ash. Its active ingredients have a valuable ability to bind to salts dissolved in water, thereby preventing their sedimentation on ten.
- Limescale simply cannot form at low temperatures, so try to use less often washing regimes with very hot water or boiling. If you cannot do without it because of too much contamination of your clothes, try to soak them in advance and pre-wash them manually. This takes extra time and requires little physical effort, but significantly extends the life of your washing machine.
- Minimize machine wash spools and clothes that are too old. Under the influence of water and washing powder, particles of tissue are separated from them, which accelerates the clogging of PETN and the formation of scale on it. It is better to wash such clothes with your hands or get an activator type machine.
If possible, use pre-boiled and settled water for washing. During these procedures, most of the salts dissolved in it settle to the bottom, so the water itself becomes softer.
At home, wash the washer and save it from the rotten or musty smell everyone can. Following these simple tips, you will protect the internal parts of your washing machine from the appearance of scale on them, and also increase its service life.
For more details on how to clean the washing machine from dirt and smell, see the next video.