Spare parts for thermos: what are and how to choose?
The choice of spare parts for a thermos depends on its purpose and model. Many parts and their parameters play an important role in the efficiency of the device. Some components are present in one and not in the other version. If this is a simple thermos model, then it can significantly differ from the universal one in many characteristics, and therefore, the difference in the device. therefore replacing elements, for example, in a thermos equipped with a "samovar" faucet, and a jug thermos requires a different approach.
Types of modern thermoses
The range of these products by type is not too large, but it provides for significant differences between different models.
- For metal compact versions the presence of a glass is characteristic. They fit easily in a bag or backpack. It is easy to guess that they are most suitable for hiking in nature.
- Thermoses that have cover with buttonusually have large dimensions. They can be taken with you on a trip by car. Many do so, because these models retain heat for a long time or, conversely, cool.
- There are thermoses universal type with a wide neck for preserving different products, equipped with a double cork, a folding handle and a lid transforming into a cup. Their operation is possible in different conditions.
- Plastic ship thermoses divided into 3 compartments with a volume of 0.4 to 0.7 liters for three types of products. The main advantages are high heat resistance, tightness and lightness. True, plastic is not the best material for storing food.
Conventionally, these products can be divided into thermoses for drinks, food, as well as thermocups and universal devices. Their volume is small - up to 1 liter, medium - no more than 2 liters, large - 3-4 liters. More capacious models - from 4 to 40 liters belong to the category of thermal containers. For different needs, you can always choose one of these options.
The main components of the household appliance are the container and the bulb placed in it. Between their walls is a vacuum space that eliminates the process of heat conduction. However, an inert monatomic gas can be used instead. Different models differ markedly in functionality, maintaining heat with varying degrees of efficiency. This mainly depends on what material the bulb is made of. It turns out that the flask is the main structural element, therefore, this circumstance should be paid attention to when choosing a device.
- Steel flask Durable, holds temperature well, but too heavy. In addition, it is poorly washed, and if it is ordinary steel, it is susceptible to corrosion.
- Glass bulb - a rather fragile item, however, it is easy to clean and is optimal for food storage, while maintaining their freshness and quality. But because of the fragility of the flask, you cannot take such a thermos on a long trip or trip without the risk of being left without drinking or food.
- Plastic flask very light, but, perhaps, its advantages are limited to this. This material quickly absorbs any undesirable odors, which are often difficult to eliminate.
The case also contains other parts of the thermos, the serviceability of which is important for its functionality. We list them for information.
- Cap - it is fixed to the neck of the device with the help of grooves and protrusions without auxiliary fasteners. The thermo-glass can communicate with the inner part of the bulb.
- Thermal insulation plug - does not fasten in any way, but is held at the expense of friction. Sometimes supplemented by a button in modifications with a pump.
- Silicone o-ring - located between the walls of the container and the neck, prevents leakage of liquid.
- Walls (external and internal)are usually made of stainless steel.
- Internal and external surfaces covered with a special layer to reflect heat and safe contact with food. The vacuum space is located between them.
- At the bottom of the thermos is absorbent that removes residual air particles in a vacuum space.
A common malfunction arising from the operation of a thermos is leakage. This is due to a decrease in the tightness of the worn gasket. To do this replace the o-ring with a new part.
Choosing the right cuff should not be difficult - you just need to know exactly the model of the thermos and correctly name it the seller of a specialized store.
In order to prevent equipment breakdowns in the future, you need to check the quality of the selected model, and before purchasing it is important to inspect the device and its components.
- You need to shake the thermos and make sure that the device does not emit extraneous noise - they can mean unreliable fixation of the bulb or its breakage.
- It does not hurt to open the lid and cork - any unnatural or repulsive odor is the result of poor quality material.
- It is necessary to find out if there are any gaps between the walls of the case and the cork, which can cause poor sealing.
- It is also worth checking the seal, which must be correctly installed and sized. Otherwise, the liquid will spill out.
- It is good if an elastic band is installed at the top and bottom of the device for depreciation. But since it is impossible to independently investigate the presence of a gasket, you should study the technical documentation for the thermos.
- It will not be superfluous to find a mark for compliance with quality standards, as well as to find out the duration of active operation of the device (from 6 to 8 hours).
All these points are very important if you want to buy a really high-quality thermos and not waste time repairing it. And although it is not so difficult to get new parts for replacement, it will be better for the thermos to work as long as possible without breakdowns.
See the next video for thermoses.